Giving Tuesday 2020
On Giving Tuesday 2020, we have 10 reasons why Student Leadership Services in Michigan should be your charity of choice.
Since 1982, Students Leading Students (SLS) has been leading youth-led health and safety programs across Michigan.
This important work would not have been possible without the generous support of our sponsors and individual donations from our supporters and alumni.
Every day we are grateful for their support. If you are wondering why you should consider donating to SLS, check out these 10 reasons we think we should be your charity of choice!
- We spend your money wisely. 100% of your donation goes to providing SLS student trainings and school-based services.
- We are local. Your donation supports students and schools in Michigan.
- We are established. We have been providing youth-led, health and safety programs for 38 years.
- We are nationally recognized. Students Leading Students is listed on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Association (SAMHSA) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices.
- We cultivate leadership. Our State Student Advisory Board provides a unique opportunity for students to develop their leadership skills and collaborate with other student leaders across the state to lead change in their schools and community.
- We have a broad reach. Since 1986, we have had over 430 Student Advisory Board members representing 141 high schools and 11 colleges. We have directly trained over 70,000 Michigan youth.
- We welcome all youth. SLS fosters a safe, supportive, inclusive environment to cultivate interpersonal and peer resistance skills that is proven to decrease alcohol, tobacco, and drug use among youths.
- We give students tools to make smart decisions. In 2019, 25% of 12th graders and 20% of 10th graders report vaping. We educate students on the dangers of vaping and model/practice strategies to say no.
- We appreciate our supporters. Join the 500 individual, corporate, business, community and family foundations who support us.
- We keep you posted on our progress. As a donor, you can receive our quarterly newsletter to stay up to date with our work across the state.